Gijs van Kuik, 1951, until dec. 2016 employed by TU-Delft, in the development of wind energy.
- sculpturing since 2001, many years at Artibus-UCK, at home, and each year a week abroad
- 2006 group exposition 'Top Amateurs' in the city hall of Utrecht
- 2010 the Artibus Public Award for 'Triptych'
- 2011 the Artibus Jury Award for 'the Sea'
- dec 2011 - jan 2012 solo-exposition 'Rhythm, Room and Water' in the UCK main building
- 2012 the Artibus Jury Award for 'Shiver'
- 2014 July, exposition 'Waves' in Galerie Jenne Renes with Ragna van Ast, paintings
- 2015 time for something new: from Adriaan Seelen I learned how to carve letters to contribute to the project De Letters van Utrecht
- 2015 Masterclass sculpturing by Adriaan Seelen and Gerard van Rooij.
- 2017 group exposition 'Conversation with a stone' at Miet Air
- 2018 course in stonemasonry techniques by Gerrit Peele
- 2020 Golden K Award, for the realisation of the Kunst Kaart van Houten , where all art in the public space of Houten is shown.
Contact: email gijs , visit in Houten: fine, please make an appointment by email